Monday, March 27, 2023

Yesterday was one--if not the--best days of my life.  It was definitely my best birthday ever.  My friend Kim Larmon drove Carolyn Brown and Kathy Davidson to Edmond to celebrate my 85th birthday.  It was awesome!! We, actually, THEY) told funny stories from the last fifty years.  They know every stupid thing I've ever done and made sure everyone who was there knew about every story.  It was just an awesome day.  

I told them I didn't want presents, PLEASE don't bring me stuff,  that my present was going to be to give them a present--for them to go through my house and take something they wanted.  It took them a while to believe me, but once they got into it they had a lot of fun.  And I had fun watching them do it.

One of their stories was about me stripping and changing clothes on a plane going to France. I don't know if it was true or not, but every time they tell it, it gets worse and worse. We all traveled overseas so many times together that none of us remember where we were when those incidents occurred.  

Becky catered dinner with awesome food for all of us and baked me a pineapple upside down cake.  How she got that done, I don't know because she has just worked 13 solid days in a row.  I didn't have to lift a finger.  Jeanette set the table.

God has blessed me with wonderful friends.  My heart is full of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment