Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It was inevitable that I would fall.  You can't climb over huge rock formations and pull out weeds that have been rooted between them for years without taking a tumble.  I had hold of some vines that wouldn't give, and I was yanking and yanking without success, when they suddenly gave way and I went tumbling backwards.  My daughters don't want me doing any of this for fear that I will break something, but it is such a joy to me.  If I break, well, I break.  I'm not going to quit living and doing the one thing that brings me such pleasure.

Psalms 37:24-25 "Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholds him with his hand.  I have been young, and now I am old;  Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his offspring begging for bread."

Someone had spent a fortune on the landscaping in this backyard, and then let it go for years without attention.  It is a jungle.  But little by little it is giving way into my will.  The area that I have been working on was so covered with Vinca Major that you couldn't even see the stone formations behind it all.  I do not like Vinca.  It grows rampant and takes over if you don't keep it in check.   So I have almost conquered it.  The shrubs behind all of that were so overgrown that critters were living in the brush.  I have trimmed them all,  and it looks good.

I have washed all the stones.  They look great.  The Koi pond has been cleaned and has a new filter and motor casing.  The four fish seem to be agreeable.  I don't particularly like fish, but figure if I give them names, that they will be more agreeable to me.  I named a small solid white one "Angel."  And a bright orange one Flipper--because every time I feed them he races to the surface and flips all the pellets around with his tail.  He makes such a mess that the others can't get to the pellets.

I'm happy here.




                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment