Friday, October 18, 2019

I've got animals in my attic.  Been there and done that before. I had a raccoon in my attic across the street.  I had "My Guy Kenny," who put my new roof on my house come crawl from end to end of my attic.  He gave me the bad report.

I had been hearing banging ever since the roof was finished.  It's too loud to be mice, although it looks like there are mice as well.  Tony is coming to figure out where they are getting in and close it up.  I think its squirrels.  It could be another raccoon.

When I did a redo on a house we lived in in Miami, I removed the inside sheetrock and five zillion acorns and pecans fell out from between the studs.  It was an old house.  Squirrels had been stocking nuts for twenty years at least.

I have no tolerance for critters.  They may be up there eating on my electrical wires.  At this point, until Tony gets here, I'm at the mercy of the critters.  I sure can't crawl up in the attic myself.

Owning a house is a constant litany of repairs of some sort.  Everyone needs to have a plan for such emergencies.  My raccoon across the street turned out to be a $700 raccoon.  

There are people who will come and catch your critters, but it's expensive.  This raccoon got away free.  They built a chute into one of the vents in the eaves for him to slide down through and slip off to make someone else miserable.

One thing they do, however, is figure out where the critter got in and repair and seal it so you are done with animals getting in.

I'm sure Raccoons do not go to heaven.  I don't know about mice and squirrels.


No comments:

Post a Comment