Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Well, all my eating finally caught up with me.  I gained two pounds.  So yesterday, I paid attention to what I ate and how much I ate.  I am one of those people that burns calories just sitting around thinking, so it won't be a problem to get back to normal.  I just don't want to ever let it get away from me.

And right after I committed myself to watch what I eat, Becky called to tell me to come eat asparagus risotto.  Which I couldn't turn down.  One of the times we were in Florence, I ate it every day for a week.  I'll recommit tomorrow.

Wednesday is brown bean day for my neighbors, Linda and John Kerley.  Which they always share with me.  But now that they are in the process of moving, so I told them that I would make the beans, cornbread and fried okra today.  They were excited about that because they've packed their dishes.  But I'll have to "steam" some okra for myself if I'm gonna be serious about the two pounds.

I got my flu shot yesterday morning.  If you haven't gotten yours, get yourself to Walgreens or CVS.  They are free.  America bases how bad the flu season is going to be here by what it was doing in Australia for the last few months--and they say it's wicked this year.  Just do it--go get the shot.

I usually quit going into the auditorium on Sundays during flu season.  Our church has an entry with sofas and chairs and multiple TVs and a few people sit out there for the service to avoid the crowd.  So that's what I do during flu season.  It's not the same as being inside for the service, and yes I could stay home and watch it on TV, but being there is a life commitment for me.

And yes, I could get the flu anyway, but my doctors don't want me in a crowd where there is a better chance of being exposed to the flu.  So as soon as the flu starts making the rounds, that's where I'll be.  I just have to tell everyone in my class to get their shot and stay well.  I'm careful. The rest is up to God.




No comments:

Post a Comment