Wednesday, July 22, 2020

I am ready for the world to return to sanity.  This is the most turbulent time I have ever experienced.  WWII came close, but the difference was that during those years, everyone was on the same page.   We had a common enemy.

We were fighting an enemy outside the United States.  Now, we are fighting each other.  I have never, ever experienced such animosity between Americans--between ourselves.   People are dropping long time friends due to their disagreements about masks.  Masks!!!  It's not Pearl Harbor.  It's not over a person's race.  It's over a mask.  Unbelievable.

Right now, I am afraid to express an opinion for fear I will start an argument.  I remember growing up and everyone would be eating Sunday dinner at my family's  house  and there would be a discussion going on where everyone talked about both sides of an issue.  They weren't "taking sides."

Another big difference between then and now is social media.  If you get on facebook, you will see misinformation repeated over and over again as truth.  Once someone says something, everyone hops on and it is repeated over and over--it must be the truth!  Then people start repeating it.

There are fact-check reporting sites, but nobody goes to them.  People just check what their "group" is saying.

This is insane.  The biggest argument when I was growing up was between the drys and the wets, and between football teams.




No comments:

Post a Comment