Monday, October 11, 2021

If if hadn’t been for brown beans, I would have starved to death when I was growing up.  My mom was a big roast, meat and potatoes cook.  I don’t like meat very much.  But once a week, she made brown beans and cornbread.  Along with, fried potatoes or okra...or greens with bacon.  I ate leftovers off and on all week.

I put beans on this morning.  With ham...but I won’t eat much of the ham.  I don’t like sugar or milk products either.  I love brownies with pecans, but that’s about it for sweets.  I guess you would say I am picky.  But I’m really not, I’ll eat anything rather than cook.

But this Thursday, Kathy is sending me homemade rolls!!!  My favorite thing in the world. Becky Bacon is coming for the weekend (hopefully) and bringing them.  And Becky picked up the Ken-ken puzzles from Carolyn.  She saves them for me.  I love puzzles.  Carolyn cuts them out of the paper every day for me.  Puzzles and yeast bread---all in the same day.  Becky, Kathy and Carolyn are three of my BFFs.

The girls in the church office have gotten excited about the book I wrote about my brother Bill.  They are getting the Southern Baptist Press involved.  Maybe it will come to something.  The preacher praised it...so that may help.  All I can do is hope.  He is the writer of current Sunday educational lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment