Friday, October 22, 2021

I’m taking the rest of the day off.  I left the house at 7:30 to go to breakfast and estate sales with Ann, got home in time go go get my hair done.  Returned for 10 minutes and went back out the door to get a CT scan and finally sat down and held my dog at 1:30.

He can’t take my coming in and out.  He has anxiety when I leave.  I picked him up and held him for thirty minutes and he finally calmed down.  Dogs can’t tell whether you have left for good or are coming back.  

Leaving him three times in one morning was too much.  But he has always been insecure.  The family who bought him from a breeder, had just gotten married and had a blended family of five kids and five dogs--they got rid of the newest dog.  Luckily I got him.  Best thing that has happened in the last few years.  Squig is my best friend.

If you don’t have a dog, get one.  I didn’t let my kids have a dog--and I have repented.  I had never had a pet growing up, and “Didn’t Get It.”  Oh my stars.  There is nobody more loyal, faithful and true.  They love you even when you don’t deserve it.

Pat is on her way from the East Coast today, and she said that the trip isn’t so bad because she has her dog Oscar in the front seat next to her. You can talk to a dog and they always agree with you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment