Friday, October 1, 2021

I have difficulty convincing myself to try and give a restaurant that I’ve never been to a chance.  I want to know ahead of time that I will like it.  Obviously, that is not possible.

Today some friends were going to Joey’s in Edmond for lunch and asked me to join them...so I did.  Good Grief!!! It’s very close by and I’ve been missing out on delicious food because I didn’t want to take a chance.

 I’m an “In a rut” kind of person.  I’ll do the same thing over and over again just to keep from experiencing the unknown.  I don’t like change.  You might think it’s because of my age, but it isn’t.  I’ve always been like this.  It makes me feel secure.

I’ve never enjoyed adventure.  No wonder why people ask me if I am really Scott and Becky’s mother.  Those two were always into something.  I once told Becky not to stick her finger in a light socket, so she stuck our sterling silver butter knife in the socket and melted part of it.  I can’t begin to enumerate the things Scott did.  It is an endless list of crazy.

Six Flags was difficult.  But I went. And Ken had me cover my eyes up to get me off the Texas tower.  I don’t want to do the “Tickle-your-tummy” rides either.  Maybe I am just a chicken.  But I like calm and secure.


No comments:

Post a Comment