Monday, October 18, 2021

     Monday.  I have dozens of housekeeping chores that I have managed to put off for a week.  Folding clothes is one of them.  The ladies that clean my house--every two weeks on Friday--strip the beds and I have to wash sheets--which isn’t a problem, but folding them is.  Something that used to be easy isn’t easy any more.  I usually wait until someone comes to see me and get them to help me fold.

    Sunday, we started the study of Abraham.  God told Abraham to go to a country where God would send him.  I can just hear the conversation that evening at suppertime.  “Sarah, you need to pack things up.  We’re moving.”

“Where?”

“I don’t know.”

“Why?  My friends are here.  Our family is here.  I don’t want to move.”

I know what Ken would have said, he would have said, “I have orders.”  I heard him say that a bunch of times.

Abraham and Sarah moved.  To a place where they had no friends; to a place they had never been.  Because God gave orders to Abraham and he  listened to God, believed God, trusted God, and obeyed God. God gave him 7 promises that we call the “Abrahamic Covenent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment