Monday, April 11, 2022

Hello Monday morning!  I still have bathtub-drain bugs.  I called the product company phone this morning and got a real (lovely) person.  She wanted to know everything I had tried before using their product.  “Clorox, Borax, Vinegar, Soda, and a can of Raid,” I told  her.

She asked me if the gel (her company sold me) had slowed them down, and told me that the product wouldn’t kill them.  It traps them.  The smell of the citronella draws them into the gel and they are trapped and die.

The product says it takes time.  What you don’t want is for the little bugs to hatch and grow wings and breed and lay more eggs.  It is kinda like the egg, caterpillar, butterfly cycle.  Three stages.  I’m killing stage two. 

She immediately offered a refund.  I told her I didn’t want a refund, that I wanted dead bugs.  I told her I would try for another week, and call her back.  She said that the numbers decreasing was a good sign, that I probably started with one hatching--of thousands of them.  

I told her my name for the bugs was “Satan’s Spawn.”  She got a kick out of that and said she would recommend putting it on their containers.

Today, I am down to eight of them.  I killed them and haven’t had any more in the last four hours.  Maybe there is an end in sight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment