Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The battle of the flys is continuing.  I am slowly winning.  Or not.  It’s hard to tell.  Each day there are fewer of them.

My friend across the street, Jeanine, took me to lunch today.  It was to a cafeteria that was awesome--on the campus of  her denomination’s college.  DDDDDelicious.  Dozens of choices.  I had Chinese and it was awesome.  She kept wanting to take me for my birthday and today was the first day we could work it out.

My azaleas are starting to bloom.  Everything is late.  Very late this year.  Ann planted Hosta roots for me last year.  I didn’t know if the roots made the winter, but they are coming up!

The cryptogram this morning was: “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”  I’m working on that.  Scott sent me a new kind of green beans.  I planted them, but probably won’t stick with picking them.  Laziness will set in when it gets hot.  I know myself.

He also sent me and Ann tomatoes.  Jet Stars.  They do well here.  Ann took most of them because she is always feeding a crowd.  She asked me to Easter dinner, and asked if I had any of Kathy’s rolls left.  I do!  And will share them. (Reluctantly--ha ha.)  My friend Kathy bakes and sends them to me from Pryor when Becky Bacon comes to the eye doctors here.  God has given me the best friends in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment