Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I finally have all my stuff in my house.  It is a total mess.  Disaster.  There are boxes lying around everywhere, with the seal split open so that I can see what's inside.  Yes, I wrote on the box what was in it--except when there was room for one more thing, I grabbed what was handy.

The granite looks fabulous.  (Ask for Mike at Silex on Broadway.  He knows his stuff--and is pleasant to work with.)  The dishwasher was installed this morning--thank goodness.  I was about to have to do dishes by hand!  The oven and burner went in as well.  Tony did an expert job laying tile.  Jerry Stanford did a superb job of installing faucets and hot water tap--which I have to have to make hot Darjeeling tea.  I drink hot tea all day.

I can't find my paper shredder.  It's not filled with paper because I upended the shredded in the air.  I am finding shredded pieces of paper in everything.  What a mess.

Two weeks and one day and Becky Bacon is coming back.  We will hang pictures.  Ann is going to help.  And Jeanine.  I will supervise and direct traffic!!  Until they tell me to "can it."

I've got to figure out how to arrange furniture in the family room.  I'm trying to cram a 50 pound pig in a 10 pound sack.  I have to give up one of three pieces of furniture to do it.  1.  My matched sofa.  I have a pair.  No I don't need both of them but I like they way they look together.  2.  My Schwinn bike I bought 3 months ago--because I need exercise and can't walk very far--that's another story.  Or 3.  My marimba--but here is no room for it anywhere else.

Everyone who comes through wants me to play the marimba for them--so I don't want to give that up.  I don't ride the bike like I should, but if I put it in a bedroom, I won't ride it at all.  So the obvious choice is to give up the sofa.  Which causes me pain...I love having two of them.  I guess I'll get over it because it is the obvious choice.   However, I'm going to cram for awhile longer before I give up.

I went to bed last night and couldn't think of anything to ask for.  All I could think of was how thankful I am for the blessings in my life.   For all the wonderful people who have helped me get moved.  God is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment