Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My granddaughter Kennie came over this afternoon with my great-grandson Maverick.  He is the sweetest baby.  He never cries, or fusses.  He just looks at everything that is happening, is very calm, and takes it all in.  I didn't have any babies like that.  Mine were all easily bored and making sure that I knew it.

She brought me a Christmas present from her sister Megan, that my son Scott was supposed to get to me.  Along with the sweetest letter from Chrissy Phillips.  I was supposed to get both of those things four months ago.  I guess "later" is better than not at all??? Thanks, Chrissy for your kind words. Also Amy Smith.

I've been cooking supper for Becky and a friend, Josh, that works for her.  She says he is the first person she has ever known that works as hard and as steady as Craig does.  Josh is thin and eats everything I put in front of him.  It's nice to cook for someone who likes to eat.  All three of them, as well as my gardener, John, that used to do yard work for me, are working on a place that is so big that it will take an entire crew a year to get everything cleaned and set up.

My publisher is coming over Friday evening.  We are comparing notes, and doing the final editing.  I'm probably going to get my copies before the end of May.  I am sooooo....anxious.   

My sweet friend Carolyn just had her fifth surgery on her foot.  It's been a year of misery for her.  It just won't heal.

This is a disjointed, catch up kind of blog.  Today is "Teacher's Meeting" at the church.  We will review what is coming up next Sunday.  It is interesting to be in a group that has so many smart Bible students--all of them teachers, former pastors and even an FBI retiree.    I always learn something new.  You would think that after teaching so many years I would know most of it!  But it doesn't work that way.  They call the Bible the Living Word, because it is always fresh.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment