Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I have eaten a crispy chicken sandwich at Brahms ever since Becky Bacon got me hooked.  I had always eaten their deluxe hamburgers.  It helps that they are less than half a mile away from my house.

But being an equal opportunity consumer, I tried a crispy chicken sandwich at Kentucky Fried--ugh.  McDonalds, simi-ugh.  Chick Filet--no, no, no.  I do not like the stuff they soak the chicken in or grill it with and literally can’t eat it.  Their tenders don’t have the same sauce and are okay--not fantastic, but okay.  

And since Popeye’s won the national Chicken sandwich contest in America, I drove a few miles to try one.  Nope!!!  Don’t bother.  

Tony’s son Austyn told me to try Arby’s chicken sandwich.  He says it’s his favorite--however, he likes Chick Filet so maybe we have different taste buds.  Ken always loved their beef sandwich.  

So I’m going to give it a go, I’ll try Arby’s next week--and after all these trials, I’m sure I’ll go back to Brahms.  I can’t splurge on calories with fried chicken more than once a week or I’ll end up weighing a ton.

Whoever invented fried chicken should have a special place in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment