Tuesday, March 30, 2021

My son Scott wants to know what has happened to the book “The Letter.”  I don’t know.  The publisher said it was ready to print, then I never heard from her again.  I’ve called, emailed, texted--over and over.  No reply.

I’m at a loss.  She spent hours and hours on this book with me on the phone editing, came to my house twice, sent me four revised printed copies of corrections we had made together, and then.......nothing.

I wonder if they went bankrupt during the pandemic.  I guess it’s time for me to get a lawyer to get the contract broken and get my book back.  I’m in La-La land at this point.  It is very very strange.

At this point I am discouraged.

I wish I hadn’t told anyone that I had a book that had a publishing contract on it.  But I was so excited.

I just finished the book I’ve been writing on my brother’s life.  It needs an editor.  I’m printing a copy because I like to see the corrections on paper.  Yes, I know writers aren’t doing it that way out there, you use a computer, but I want to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment