Friday, September 10, 2021

The west coast is afire and burning, the east coast and gulf are drowning.  Oklahoma used to be the tornado capital of the entire world, but as of late tornado alley has shifted east of the Mississippi river.

Maybe that is why home prices in Oklahoma have gone through the roof.  Houses that sold for 180k a year ago are going for 235k---thousands over what they were.  That’s a lot of money.  I bid on a house last month that was asking 140,000.  My bid was 151,000.  It sold for 160,000 +.  $160 a square foot.  My grandson was trying to move to the area and I thought I’d get him started.

They say it is because the cost of lumber has skyrocketed since the forests are burning down out west.  Whatever the reason, everyone wants to move to Oklahoma right now.  Maybe now that it is September, the crisis will settle.  School has started.

During WW2, People rented their garages out in Pryor.  There was no place to live.  Tents went up in the park and people lived out of their cars and tents.  Now, I don’t know how people working at minimum wage are going to survive.  

Help the really poor person you know. You can’t save the world.  Food, transportation and housing is the starting goal.  But it doesn’t help if they can’t get a job they are qualified to do.  I’m ready for Jesus to come on back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment