Thursday, September 30, 2021

We are going to have rain today...storms and wind.  Now that I am older, I finally understand why the old timers talked about the weather.  It’s the biggest event in their day.

Once you are retired, everything you do each day depends on what the weather is going to be.  I turn the TV on each morning to check the weather.  So I guess that makes me an “old timer.”

When you are young, you are going to do what you planned to do that day no matter what the weather is.  You are going to go to work, go to school, or anything else that is on your list.  Not so...when you don’t have to...we don’t want to get wet, hot, or cold.  Sedentary describes us old timers.

Today is the last day of September and for the first time this week, I don’t have anything that I have to do.  Next week will be different. Among other things, Squig is going to have his teeth cleaned and a couple of them pulled.  I am very nervous about that because of the anesthetic.  He is older than I am.  But his gums are bad due to the teeth.  I used to get his teeth cleaned every year, but hesitated when he passed 80 in dog years.

I can’t believe tomorrow will start the month of October.  It is hard to believe the year is in the last quarter.  Time has flown.  We are all one day, one year closer to heaven.  Or......?  Get your life in order with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment