Wednesday, January 12, 2022

 I cut my left thumb to the bone last week.  Do you have any idea how many times you use your left thumb to hold something that your right hand is doing?  Well...I have found out.  An opposable thumb is a wonderful thing.

It was a comic episode trying to stop the blood with just one hand.  I cut an artery, so blood was spraying every where.  I finally was able to do it by holding one end of the bandaid in my teeth and pulling it around with my right hand. 

It needed three stitches, but our hospitals are overrun with Covid cases.  A woman in my Bible class is in the hospital here and she said they don’t have a bed for her and people are lined up in the hall in wheelchairs because they don’t have anywhere else to put them.

I thought I could stitch it up myself, but I didn’t have a clean needle.  I knew if I went to an emergency room they wouldn’t have time to do it for two weeks at least.  They would say, “You cut your thumb?  Poor baby.” So I have been keeping it pulled together with tape. 

It’s been a week and it is finally starting to heal.  I’m  going to be more careful from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment