Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday....It seems like every time I turn around, it’s Friday.   The days drag, the weeks zoom by.  How does that happen?  Ann will pick me up in a bit to do the sales.  She had Covid really bad, so it’s been six weeks since we went to Jimmy’s Egg for breakfast.  

Over the last few years, we’ve made friends with people who eat there every Friday.  One of them called me last week to find out what happened to us.  “We thought you both died,” he said!  

The waitress’ name is Julie, and she takes care of the entire group keeping our coffee cups full.  One of the guys (before he retired) was head of an Oklahoma “fishery” where they raised baby fish and stocked ponds.  He always has a funny fish story.  One of the group comes from Guthrie and meets a friend there who lives in Moore.  Halfway for both of them.  

The first thing I did this morning when I got up was fill a cup with Darjeeling Tea--then tip it upside down all over on the carpet.  Great way to start the day.  Maybe the rest of the day will be better than that.

I’ll start over again Monday.  Maybe by then I’ll have something interesting to write.



No comments:

Post a Comment