Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Carolyn (in Pryor) and I have been discussing the book of James--who wrote it?  Was it James, one of the twelve disciples, or James, the half brother of Jesus.  We finally have agreed that it was the brother of Jesus--based on the way both James’ are mentioned by other books in the New Testament.  We both will start teaching that letter by James this next Sunday.  We both like to anticipate questions that someone might ask--which they never do.  Bible trivia takes up a lot of brain space.

Well, yesterday my passenger side mirror came loose.  I drove it into the Lincoln dealer expecting them to tightening a screw or something simple.  No.  Nothing is ever simple.  I should know that by now.  I have to have a completely new mirror.  And of course, they can’t get one.  They quit making parts for my 2008 Town Car.  Now I have to find one at a car junk lot.  Solution?  Call Craig. Craig’s solution: buy a new car.  But I love this car.  I don’t want a new one.  I don’t want to learn where all the new buttons are...and what all the new electronic stuff does. 

Jeanette went on line and found one, so maybe it won’t be that big a problem.  I hope not.  Truth is, I can live without it because I always turn and look over my right shoulder if I change lanes.  I don’t trust the mirror because there is a “blind spot” and you can hit something if you aren’t careful.  I’m sure you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment