Monday, July 20, 2015

Did Jesus ever fail to heal someone?  I guess it is how you look at the situation.  In Mark 8:22-25, Jesus was on his way to Bethsaida when some people brought a blind man to him and begged Jesus to touch him.

For some reason, Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town.  "And He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man unto him and besought him to touch him.  And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him our of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.  And he (the man) looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.  After that, He (Jesus) put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly."

A second touch restored him.  Why not the first touch???  I think this passage describes how some of us are brought to the Lord.  The passage gives me comfort.

When I was a child, I felt the tug of the Holy Spirit to give my life to Jesus--so I did.  How much sin does a child have?  How much do they understand about salvation?  But with limited understanding our salvation begins.  Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13:11-12 "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child...through a glass, darkly..."  Like the man who saw men as blurred trees walking around.  We don't understand it all.

Later in my life, I realized that there was more to salvation than I had known as a child.  I reaffirmed my commitment to Jesus.  I gave him an adult life.  And since then I see his plan of salvation clearly.

A second touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment