Monday, July 27, 2015

I am finally home after four days.  My strength is gone.  Dissipated.  But I can now stand up without looking like a wet noodle and falling.  You would think that an infection in your arm would be no big deal, but it goes septic and spreads through your entire body.  Enough about that.

My cousin Ann and my sister Lisa have been taking care of me.  Thank God for family.  Now all I have to do is take it one step at a time.  I am much better today.

Adversity.  I asked Ann this question, "Why do you think these things happen to us?"  She said, "Without adversity, how can you relate to those who are suffering and be believable?"  Which is true. If life was always full of roses for you, no one would find your empathy to be sincere.  You could not truly relate to the suffering of others.

Jesus suffered.  His life was lived on a road that lead to an early death--but only after he had suffered.  A friend of mine related to me the story in Genesis where Adam was cursed with having to fight the thorns to reap a harvest.  He then said that the curse was fulfilled when Christ wore those thorns as a crown.

Whatever your lot in life, God is in it with you.  Don't be bitter.  Don't be angry.  Try--as best as is in you--to endure.  I have no idea why we suffer.  I have no idea why we have pain, sickness, trials, and misery.  We just do.  But we are never forsaken by God--because Jesus took that on himself for us.  He cried, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me."  When he died for us, he bore not only our sins, but also being forsaken--so that we will never have to be forsaken by God.  Jesus paid it all.

He is our strength.  He is our salvation.  He is our God.


No comments:

Post a Comment