Thursday, July 2, 2015

Today, my cousin Ann came over and said she had had a spiritual epiphany.  When she went to church on Sunday, there was a discussion about what the class could do that would be a help to the members of the church.  They asked if they knew anyone that needed help.  A really old woman said, "I need someone to help me with my garden.  Maybe someone here would like to help me."

Ann thought, "I can do garden work.  I like to do garden work."   And then she told me that the thought occurred to her that she had an older person in her own family that needed help in the garden.  Me.  So today she came over and worked.  She planted shrubs.  Flowers.  Moved rocks.  She did everything that I had planned to do this week in just a few hours.

I have been amazed at how wonderful my family have been.  Everyone has jumped in to help.  I am getting there.  All the big things are in place.  Lisa and Tom and Becky hung pictures and mirrors. Pat brought boxes in and opened them.  Craig hung the chandeliers.  Lisa put the dust ruffles under the mattresses and made the beds.  Now the only thing left to do is stuff I don't want to do.  Sorting through a million pieces of my life.

They are going to get a blessing.  Paul wrote a blessing to the Thessalonians in 2:16-17 "Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which has loved us and has given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

My people have been good workers.  God bless them.


No comments:

Post a Comment