Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sunday, I sat down in a class room and noticed water on the table.  I asked the lady next to me if her cup was leaking.  No.  I checked my cup--not leaking.  I wiped it up and five minutes later, the table was wet again.  We checked the ceiling to see if it was leaking.  No.  So strange.  I kept wiping up the water for the next thirty minutes until we went to another room.  Same thing.  Water was dripping on my skirt.  All of us were very confused, but they said, "Move to another seat.  We checked the ceiling.  No water.  I moved and water kept dripping on me.  I was starting to get paranoid.

I decided God was trying to baptize me.  Or maybe it was like Samuel when he kept going to Eli saying, "Are you calling me?"  Well, I went to church and the same thing happened.  By then I was very agitated.  This went on all day until Becky saw water on my hand and agreed that something was going on.  Up till then I am sure she thought I was nuts.

"Well then, it has to be coming from your right arm where you have lymphodema.   "It's not my arm," I told her.  "I've checked my arm.  There's nothing there.  But she wanted to check so we did, and sure enough, underneath, in a teeny-tiny hole, water was leaking out drop by drop.  It was in a place that I couldn't see, but she could.

I went to the internist the next day,  and he said, "I've been practicing thirty-seven years and have never seen anything like that," he said.  "I don't want the arm to get infected from an open wound," I told him.  I was hospitalized last year five times with this arm and don't want a repeat."

He assured me it would heal up.  It's been twenty-four more hours and this tiny pin hole under my wrist is still dripping water like a faucet.   This is the strangest thing.  I can't help but think about the scripture that says: 1 John 5:6 "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood.  And it is the Spirit but bears witness, because the Spirit is truth." It has absolutely no connection, but it keeps coming to my mind.   This is a strange way to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment