Wednesday, July 22, 2015

When a fella is looking for a wife, let's face it, he is looking for a "good-looking-gal."  I doubt men give much thought to her brains.  I could be mistaken--I apologize to you men if I am.  But think back when you were inclined to find someone to spend your life with.  What was your criteria?  Did you even have criteria?

When Ken (at age 26) decided that he was ready to settle down, he had a mental list of the requirements he was looking for in a woman.  He later admitted that "Pretty" was high on the list.  Christian, same faith and denomination--he was old enough to realize that there would be no conflict over religion if we were both from the same faith. "So, I met all your requirements," I bragged.  "No, you didn't.  Only eight out of ten.  You were too young, and you had never had to take care of yourself--you had never been out on your own.  I knew that would present problems."  That took the air out of my balloon.

One of the things that makes Boaz especially endearing to me is that his list was so different than you would think it would be.  I am sure that Ruth must have been attractive because Boaz noticed her and picked her out from all the other women as she was gleaning.  But.  Having said that, "...then Boaz said to his servant that was set over the reapers, Whose damsel is this?" Ruth 2:5

So Boaz approached Ruth and said to her, (vs.11-12) "...It has been showed to me all that you have done unto your mother-in-law since the death of your husband:  and how you have left your father and mother, and left your native land, and are come unto a people which you didn't know before.  The Lord recompense your work, and a full reward be given to you of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to trust."  

Boaz was very wealthy.  He had his pick of women.  He chose Ruth because he highly regarded her character.   There is a lot more to a woman than the outside package.  Ruth was a woman of high character.  And Boaz was a very smart man.


No comments:

Post a Comment