Friday, July 31, 2015

Today I go to see the doctor and see if he will let me out of prison.  I really want to get back to planting and watering, etc.  And yes, I am still grouchy.

I wish I could see God.  I wish he (Jesus) was here where I could look at him.  I have no doubt that he is here in spiritual form because I feel his presence.  But it sure would be easier if I could touch him.
If I could hear his physical voice.

The apostles didn't know how good they had it.  Just think, three years--day in and day out--of living, traveling, helping and listening to Jesus.  What a blessing.  And they were ignorant of the fact.

John 1:18 "No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son...he has declared him."

John 14:9 "Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you and yet you have not known me, Phillip?  He that has seen me has seen the Father; and how do you then say, Show us the Father?"

1 Peter 1:8 "Whom (Jesus) having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:"

Joy unspeakable.  Full of glory.  That's what I feel when I try and understand it all.  I know he lived. I know he was God.  I know he was murdered.  I know he was resurrected.  And I know he lives.

They say that a person who knows what they know is blessed.

One other thing I know is that he conquered death and sits at the right hand of God to make intercession for me.  And that he has promised me eternal life.  And yes, I know he is coming again and every now and then I check the eastern sky.  Surely it will be soon.

One way or another, in the next fifteen or twenty years, I am going to see him.  There is no way I can live on earth to be a hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment