Friday, July 24, 2015

There are two ways to deal with adversity.  You can blame God.  Or you can accept the fact that the Bible says that it rains on the just and the unjust--and just deal with it.  I subscribe to the second way of thinking.  God is not against me.  He is my Father and is on my side.  I just happened to be born into an evil world that wars against me for my body and my soul.

My doctor is very concerned that this keeps coming back over such short time spans.  But.  That is my lot.  The secret to never getting this is to never have breast cancer.  If they strip your lymph nodes, and if the cancer has spread to those, they strip the next set of lymph nodes.  My cancer was in both sets.  Aggressive and had spread.  Now, the upside.  I lived.  It's been six years.

Praise God.   I am seventy-seven and still trucking.  The doctor told me I was courageous in the way I fight.   Which was nice to hear.  Why give up.  I plan to have many more years.

If you want to pray for me, pray that my strength returns.  I am very weak.  And laying in a hospital bed for three days doesn't help that.  I am so glad that I got moved to Edmond.  There are a lot of people here to help me.

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord:  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart:  wait, I say, on the Lord"

Ezra 10:4  "Arise; for this matter belongs to you (that's me). We (that's you) will also be with you.  Be of good courage, and do it."  I can, and I will.

Psalms 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all of you that hope in the Lord."  He is my hope.

 It says He will strengthen your heart.  That is where courage comes from to endure what befalls you.  The only part of those verses that is really hard for me is the waiting.  I'm no good at waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment