Thursday, October 15, 2020

When I met Ken, he had a zillion reel to reel music tapes of classical music.  I have no idea how he taped them, but he was always listening to classical music.  I think he started the collection when he got back from Korea.  It was a sad day when technology advanced away from reels.

Me...a teen in the fifties...it was Elvis, Little Richard, Fats Domino, The Mcguires, Bee-bop-a-lulu.

After I married the guy, I converted to classical.  It wasn't a stretch, my piano teacher had me playing classical for nine years anyway.

I still have the radio station tuned to the station Ken left it on in the car he drove.  Classical.  The car is sitting in the garage.  Perfect condition.  I don't drive it very often, but when I turn the key, the music comes on.  Bach, Mozart, Beethoven...

I never figured out how he got hooked on Classical.  There were no musicians in his family.  It wasn't your typical Marine fighter pilot type of music.  But then, Ken wasn't your typical Marine.

The first thing he bought--when he finally made a little more money than we had to have--was a piano.  For me.  I dug out my sheet music and would play classical renditions.  For him.  He loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment