Monday, December 27, 2021

Every Christmas my two daughters outdo themselves.  They put on a feast.  Becky on Christmas eve night and Pat on Christmas day brunch.  And I bet all of us gained ten pounds.  Which is fine, because sometimes it is worth it.  I’ll pull a Scarlett and think about that tomorrow.  If you don’t know what a Scarlett is, you need to read,  “Gone with the Wind.”

Pat sent creamed-corn soup with shrimp home with me, so that takes care of lunch tomorrow.  Becky sent home a biscuit gravy diced egg dish that takes care of breakfast in the morning.  I bet I can come up with something for supper.  Everyone is really good to take care of food for me.

My freezer is stuffed with leftovers from all of their largesse, and when I take something out of the freezer, it is called Surprise-a-meal.  I don’t write anything on the containers, so I never know what I am going to be eating.  Which is okay.  I’ll eat anything I don’t have to cook.

My sister Lisa’s son Thomas--and his wife Megan--are having their first baby this week.  A boy.  Lisa has flown to Florida to be there, but babies come when they are ready. I am already a great-aunt twice with my brother’s two boys.  It’s time to have some girls.

But a last minute December tax-exemption will be okay, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment