Friday, December 31, 2021

My friend Carolyn in Pryor gets Ken-Ken puzzles in the Tulsa paper every day.  My paper only has one on Sunday.  So Carolyn cuts them out for me each day, and when she gets a stack of them she mails them to me or sends them with someone coming this way.  That is love.  It is tedious, boring and tiring to keep track of.  But she does it.

My neighbor across the street lost her husband a year ago and takes care of her mother-in-law.  She says it is the least she can do.  It is a two and a half hour drive to get there and she goes almost every week.  That, too, is love.

Love is a behavior.  Feelings come and go.  Actions are the thing that express our love.

Pat comes when I call her to take me to the doctor.  Becky brings me food two or three times a week.  Jeanette and Jeanine shop at the grocery store.  And deliver!!!  Kathy bakes me yeast rolls and sees that I get them.  Linda makes beans and fried okra every Wednesday for me.

I hope you are on the receiving end of real love this year.  Happy New Year to you and those you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment