Friday, December 3, 2021

My cousin Ann picks me up on Friday morning and we go eat breakfast and garage sale.  I never buy anything, but I do try and find things for here that are brand new and unused for her “You did very good” basket.  Trinkets and toys.

She teaches piano (She is an OU music major extraordinaire’) and has a basket on the floor by the piano filled with goodies for those piano students who did what they were assigned to do--to pick something.  The kids love it

I was over at her house the other day when she was finishing up with a student and I can’t describe how patient she was with him.  It would have driven me crazy.  One note at a time, one missed a note at a time, replay a note over and over again...for thirty minutes.  She was saying, “Good...good”  I would have been saying “You’re time is up.”

I do admire gifts in others that I don’t have.  And patience is one of those gifts that I didn’t get very much of.

If I was a piano teacher--I do play the piano--I would keep a bottle of aspirin on the piano.  God bless piano teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment