Thursday, May 27, 2021

If it wasn’t for my friend Rebecca Perkins, I might forget to post some days.  But she texts me and says:  “Post.”

The weather here is getting ready to get really bad.  That’s what the weather men are saying.  Which could be true--or not.  You never know.  They love to sensationalize.

But right now, based on what it feels like outside--heavy--I would say they are probably right this time.

I was raised on “Run to the Cellar.”  My mom was so frightened all the time of tornados.  But of course, when we moved to Pryor, it had just been hit right down main street by one that killed over fifty people.

And we didn’t have warning systems.  Or doppler radar.  Or warning sirens.  Just my mother’s opinion.  Which was:  “It’s getting dark out in the southwest.  Get your stuff together because we going to our neighbor’s cellar.”

Now, it has to be right over me before I move.

I did warn Jeannine across the street that I may join her if the whistle blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment