Friday, May 7, 2021

Of course, there will come times when you have a chance to say more.  The man who installed my TV -- (so that the wires came through the wall from outside the wall--I didn’t want wires to show)  sat down on my couch and talked for a while.  

I usually ask, “Are you a Christian kind of person,” instead of the blunt “Are you a Christian.”  He said, “I used to be, but I quit going to church.”  

Of course I shared the basics about that.  And before he left an hour later, he realized he didn’t have to get saved again, also church didn’t save you and other thoughts.  He said he was going to go to his church the next Sunday.  The thing that was most important to him out of the discussion was that his children were dependent on him taking them with him.

It wasn’t a hard-sell.  It was just a discussion.  People don’t want to be thumped with a Bible.  But they are sometimes are ready to talk.  However, it won’t happen unless you are the one to start the discussion.

Most of the time you do good to get one opening line.  But sometimes, you get a guy sitting on the sofa, asking questions, laughing and happy to hear your life experiences.  All we have to do is be ready.  One chance out of a hundred “tries” may save someone’s eternal life.  It’s important to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment