Thursday, May 6, 2021

Last night at a meeting I attended, the question was asked, “How do you encourage your members to witness.  Of course the standard answers came in.  Including praying about it, reading the Bible, etc., etc...

I offered the opinion that they do not need to pray for opportunities.  That is God’s job.  He provides those.  My opinion is that you need to evaluate ahead of time who your opportunities are.  They are out there. 

And you are not selling the gospel.  You are throwing seed out.  Scattering it.  Evaluate who you come in contact with each week in your daily life.

For me, it’s waiters.  Or drive through people.  Or repairmen, gardeners, door to door salespeople.  Who do you meet?  

You don’t want to hit them over the head with a Bible.  You just need a pre-planned opening.  Include God’s name in normal conversation.  If I am a restaurant, when the food is placed on the table I usually say something like, “We’re going to bless our food; is there something you would like us to pray about for you?”  Almost always they respond, and we pray.  

You have accomplished two things. 1. There is a God that hears us pray. and 2. The waiter has met a Christian that isn’t giving them a hard sell.

I’ve never gotten a rude or negative response.  


No comments:

Post a Comment